PWISTA is an organization and network developed in cooperation with the school districts of Putnam-Westchester County and local Teacher Centers. It is designed to increase scientific knowledge and enhance classroom instruction by exposing science teachers and their students to modern scientific technologies used in industrial laboratories.
The Goals and Objectives of PWISTA are to:
- Provide opportunities for local educational agencies to collaborate and partner with STEM education stakeholders to develop and implement effective professional development models that are based upon the new P-12 NYS science learning standards.
- Include components of science and engineering practices for pre-service STEM teacher and leader preparation programs and in continuing professional development opportunities that are based upon the new P-12 NYS science learning standards for in-service teachers and leaders.
- Build the capacity to enhance science education and ensure career readiness by involving STEM stakeholder partnerships and alliances between school districts, institutions of higher education, science education professional organizations, business and industry, informal education organizations, government agencies, and the larger learning communities: local, regional, state, national, and international arenas.
- Identify science education stakeholders to lead the development and continued growth of partnerships focused on comprehensive revitalization of science education.
PWISTA is also a NYC vendor with vendor # MAR019000 01.
Coordinator and Program Director:
- (914) 497-8531
- Putnam County Postal Address
- 67 Fassitt Drive, Mahopac, N.Y. 10541
- Electronic mail
- General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org